Cardiac Care Unit
The Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) can accommodate 53 patients at one time, and caters exclusively to cardiac emergencies such as cardiac arrest, cardiogenic shock, acute myocardial infarction, non-STEMI, unstable angina, acute heart failure, cardiac arrhythmia and many other emergencies. It is equipped with the latest technology, and adheres to strict processes and protocols. CCU plays an important role in preparing patients for their primary percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA), by sending them to the catheterization lab to help keep the door-to-balloon time less than 90 minutes. PTCA is the key lifesaving therapeutic interventional therapy for acute heart attack. This is audited and documented on a regular basis.
The centre also has an Intensive Therapy Unit (ITU) with comprehensive services. These range from basic post-operative management to managing critical conditions such as multiple organ failure.
This includes invasive medical procedures like cardiac catheterisation, which is done to investigate the condition of the heart and confirm a suspicion of an underlying disease. The most common type of cardiac catheterisation is the angiography (angiogram), which involves the insertion of a fluorescent-labelled hollow tube into the heart’s blood vessels to determine their condition.
- Echocardiography with colour doppler (2D / 3D / 4D)
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography
- TMT – treadmill test – advance GE machines with risk satisfaction score
- Tilt test (HUTT) – head up tilt test
- Paediatric advanced echocardiography
- 24 hrs holter monitoring
- 24 hrs ambulatory BP monitoring
- Advance pulmonary function test with DLCO
- USG (Abdomen & Chest) along with peripheral arterial and venous dopplers
- USG guided pleural tapping
Nuclear Medicine Department
This department uses radio isotopes / small amounts of radioactive material to detect different diseased organs.
- Cardiac scan (MPI)
- Thyroid scan
- Whole body scan
- Renal scan
All tests are performed by qualified and experienced professionals of the respective field.