The CK Birla Group is a growing US$ 1.6 billion conglomerate that has a history of enduring relationships with renowned global companies.
With over 20,000 employees, 24 manufacturing facilities and numerous patents and awards, the Group’s businesses are present across five continents. The group operates in three industry clusters: technology and automotive, home and building, and healthcare and education.
The group companies are strengthened by common ownership and shared guiding principles that include a focus on long-term value, trust-based relationships and philanthropy. Each business is transforming to build on the collective strength and synergies of the Group’s size and span.
The Industry Clusters
- Technology and Automotive:
- AVTEC: Powertrain, transmission components and precision-engineered products manufacturer
- Birlasoft: Global solutions integrator
- GMMCO: Distributor of construction and mining equipment, and engine power systems
- NEI: Producer and exporter of bearings
- Neosym: Grey and SG iron casting manufacturer
- Home and Building:
- HIL: Manufacturer of building products, industrial insulation and low-cost housing
- Orient Cement: Cement manufacturer, with Birla A1 as the flagship brand
- Orient Electric: Consumer products company producing fans, lighting, kitchen and home appliances
- Orient Paper: Manufacturer of writing, printing, industrial and speciality papers
- Healthcare and Education:
- BM Birla Heart Research Centre, Kolkata
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute, Kolkata
- Rukmani Birla Hospital, Jaipur
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- Modern High School for Girls, Kolkata
- Rukmani Birla Modern High School, Jaipur